Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cure for Cauliflower Fatigue

In my explorations of supermarket isles, I've discovered that Ragu Classic Alfredo, Parmesan, and Cheddar Cheese sauces range from 0 to 3 grams of carbohydrate per 1/4 cup serving.

This week, it's on sale for a dollar a jar at Kroger supermarkets.

I cooked fresh broccoli and cauliflower for dinner today and after it was cooked, I poured about half a jar of the Cheddar Cheese sauce over four servings of vegetable.  There are only two of us, so half the amount went into a small casserole as leftovers for another meal.

I'm thinking this is a handy item to keep in the pantry.  Of course, you can use it with the Shirataki or Miracle Noodles  as well.  I'll be thinking of other uses for it, as we stocked up during the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment