Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Breaded" Chicken

Last night, I baked chicken thighs for my husband and myself.  Here's what I did:

I used about a half cup of creamy dressing (2 g. carbohydrate per serving) as a marinade.  You could also use a vinegarette or other type of low carb salad dressing.

Next, I poured out about a cup of almond flour (ground almonds).  I use Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour, because it contains nothing but ground almonds.  Dredge the marinated chicken pieces in the almond flour.  Place in a baking dish sprayed with Pam or other release agent.  Season with whatever you like on chicken.  I used some nice hamburger seasoning which contains coarsely ground pepper.  I then sprayed the top of the breaded chicken with release agent to encourage browning.  If you are not concerned at all about calories or fat, add some melted butter.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half.

This was very nice and tender, flavorful, and relatively low carb.  I served it with cooked, buttered brussels sprouts.  My husband was free to supplement his dinner with bread and butter, but he found that this was satisfying enough that he didn't need anything extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment